Turkey Burgers with
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 c fresh or frozen corn, cooked and sliced from the cob (if using fresh corn)
- 1/2 of an avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 c diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- To make the burgers, mix together turkey, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Form mixture into four patties.
- Grill, pan fry, or broil patties until meat is cooked through. Set burgers aside.
- To make the Corn-Avocado Salsa, gently toss corn, avocado, bell pepper, lime juice, vinegar, and cilantro together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place each cooked burger on a bun. Top with Corn-Avocado Salsa and serve.
Nutrition Info: Per serving: 378 Calories, 26 g Protein, 33 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 16 g Total fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono, 4 g poly), 444 mg Sodium, Excellent source of Vitamin B3 (niacin), C, Very good source of Vitamin A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B6, Folate, Iron, Phosphorus, Fair source of Pantothenic acid, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Selenium, Zinc
Recipe Source: From the Taste For Life test kitchen.