Sun-Dried Tomato-Basil Hummus
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: Approximately 2 cups (serves 8)
Recipe Source: The Taste for Life test kitchen.
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 c tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 c chopped sun-dried tomatoes (soak in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drain)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and the water. Blend until creamy.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in basil and chopped and drained tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer hummus to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil. Serve with gluten-free crackers, baked tortilla chips, and sliced raw vegetables.
Nutrition Info: Per serving (serves 8): 180 Calories, 4 g Protein, 15 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (2 g sat, 7 g mono, 3 g poly), 196 mg Sodium, H Vitamin B6, C, Folate, Manganese, Phosphorus