Prep Time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe Source: From the Taste for Life test kitchen
- 1 c chickpea flour
- 1 c warm water
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Whisk together flour, water, salt, pepper, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl. Allow batter to sit at room temperature for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Heat oven broiler. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the oil to the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron pan. Swirl to coat bottom of pan. Heat pan for 5 minutes under broiler.
- Carefully remove pan from oven. Stir batter and pour half of it in bottom of pan. Swirl batter around to cover pan bottom. Return pan to oven under preheated broiler.
- Bake until socca is firm and edges are lightly browned, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Check every few minutes to see how socca is doing.
- Remove socca with a spatula to a cutting board. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Repeat process to make a second socca with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and remaining half of batter. Serve socca wedges immediately.
Notes: Enjoy these chickpea flour crêpes topped with crumbled feta cheese, pitted green and black olives, salad greens, or your favorite roasted vegetables.
Nutrition Info: Per serving: 169 Calories, 4 g Protein, 13 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono, 1 g poly), 288 mg Sodium, ★ Copper